Thursday, October 31, 2013

Trick or Treat?

I have to admit I'm annoyed today. As soon as I make a foray into art research for a review, I stumble upon doings in Philly that I was completely unaware of. Now, you could say that is a blessing but in this case it is me being out of the loop. Today, I will attribute it to the fact that I am not a member of a co-op gallery so I am excluded from another citywide campaign to show art. Oddly enough, this exhibition is called CITYWIDE! Imagine my dismay, folks; I'm all dressed up with no where to go! So, I will continue my next cosmic review about James Turrell and hope for the best. How can local artists care to be mavens for contemporary art – a good thing – when they are so busy getting themselves noticed by elitist Tyler MFA grads and their hopeless mentors.

No comments: