Monday, April 16, 2007

PLEASE STAND BY:

Apologies for intermitten blogging dear reader: Due to painful ailments I can barely get to the NYT reviews so I can rip them off. Art Reviews often resort to the old standby where art is compared favorably with entertainment, or rather, entertainment is compared less favorably to art; “It’s only entertainment,” and therefore not serious art. This particular terminology is used less and less as art and entertainments merge technologically; also by virtue of the fact they are both spawned by the same system of capitol. Gosh, I sound like a Leftist!

Sure art is entertainment, but at its best, it is intellectual and gutsy and doesn’t always supply the patron class with what they want. Don’t bite the hand that feeds... I believe that, but I’m not sure who these Patron People are. I certainly need one for my own personal use.

No comments: