Friday, August 23, 2013

SUMMER WRAP UP

I have read several articles of late mourning the end of summer, the loss of old-time summer and/or the overly anxious goodbyes to college kids. Not me; I like sitting by fireplaces reading hardcover books and spinning all wheel drive in blizzards. It is true, parents of a certain age are overly wrapped up with their kids leaving home. Sometimes this is down to circumstance, sometimes it is personally predetermined. I have to say that in my case, I have been so under the influence of speeding culture (I do my best to avoid it) to the point where I am ready to buy a tombstone and retire. I can't help but feel like I am falling behind. It may be that 60 is the new 40 but it is no consolation. No one likes getting sidelined. Having said this, that is the best thing about creative life. Success or no, it doesn't go away no matter what the droning media says. No cell in my studio, dude.

No comments: